Yesterday I made roast beef and vegetables in the crock pot. It smelled sooo good all day long and I wanted to eat it so bad. But I had to wait until the husband got home from work. It was a lot spicier than I had planned on it being, but it was good. We both like some heat. When the Hubs finally got home, I dove right in. I was starving. So I forgot to take a picture of it when it was done.
- A 2 1/2 lb. roast
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1 TB black pepper
- 1 tsp. Season All
- 1 tsp. Ground Cayenne Pepper
- 1 tsp. SALSPRAY COMPANY Devil’s Dust (It’s a mixture of Garlic, Salt, Paprike, Black Tellicherry Pepper, Chipotle, Lemon Peel and Habanero. We got it a specialty spice store.)
- 1 TB garlic powder
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and chunked
- About 8 carrots, peeled and chunked
- 1 large white onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1/2 cup Worcestershire sauce
Mix all seasonings together in small bowl, and rub on all sides of pot roast. Put the vegetables around the roast and pour in the broth and Worcestershire sauce. I cooked it on high for a few hours and then turned it down to low for the rest of the time (about 2-3 more hours) because our crock pot super boils and burns everything.