Last night I made Baked Buffalo Chicken Pasta. I was pretty yummy. But once again, made waaay more than the two of us could eat so we’ll be having leftovers for some time. But that’s alright.
- 16 ounces pasta (I used Campanelle, but any kind will do)
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cooked and cut into chunks
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 4 ounces shredded monterey jack cheese + more for topping
- 1/3 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese + more for topping
- 1/3 cup buffalo wing sauce + more for topping
- 1/3 cup panko bread crumbs
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup gorgonzola cheese ( made the husband put this on his own plate instead of the whole dish. I think it’s nasty cheese, but he likes it)
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
Cook pasta according to package directions.
While pasta is cooking, heat a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the butter, and once it’s melted and bubbly add the flour. Whisk together to create a roux and cook for 1-2 minutes. Add milk, stir and reduce heat to low. Stir until milk thickens. Add grated cheeses and continue to stir until mixture is smooth. Stir in buffalo sauce. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
Spray a 9×13 baking dish with non-stick spray. Add pasta and chicken, then pour cheese sauce over and mix throughly until everything is coated. Sprinkle with additional grated cheese and bread crumbs. Bake for 25 minutes or until cheese is golden brown. Remove from oven and immediately top with Gorgonzola(or not) and green onions and drizzle with buffalo wing sauce.