Last night’s dinner was super yummy. I made roast beef with onions, carrots and cabbage in the crock pot. I usually think of roast beef and veggies as being pretty plain, but this one has a ton of flavor. Yum. The originally recipe was supposed to have potatoes, but I didn’t have any, so I put in extra carrots.
- 2 lb roast( I used a beef shoulder)
- 1 tablespoon salt(You may want to use less. My was pretty salty)
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon Creole Seasoning( I used a store brand Chesapeake Bay style seasoning)
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and chunked(I left out the potatoes and used extra carrots)
- 4 medium carrots, peeled and chunked
- 1 large white onion, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 head of green cabbage
- 1 cup water or beef stock(I used beef broth)
- 1/2 cup Worcestershire sauce
Mix all seasonings together in small bowl, and rub on all sides of pot roast. Put pot roast in crock pot on HIGH. Drop in potatoes and carrots, water, and Worcestershire sauce. Cover the crock pot and leave on for 5 hrs.
After 5 hrs, put in the onion, and cabbage. Cook one more hour.